What iPhone do I have?: Find your iPhone model, model number and operating system
Are you confused about the model or operating system of your Apple smartphone? If so, then you are not alone. The specifics of your smartphone can be easy to forget, whether it is the exact model you are using or the current operating system your iPhone is running on – not to mention the model number.
Luckily, you don’t need to always remember every exact detail of your iPhone, because all of this information can be found in your phone if you know where to look. We’ll guide you and show where all of this information is hidden inside of your Apple smartphone.
How to find your iPhone model, model number and version of the iOS
All of this information is quite simple and straightforward to locate. Just do this:
- Open the Settings of your iPhone.
- Then select “General”.
- In the “General” -view, press “About”.
Now you have entered the “About” -view and you can inspect some details of your iPhone. These include:
- Name: Whatever you have named your iPhone, for example “My iPhone”.
- Software version: This is the version of the iOS, Apple’s operating system your phone is currently using.
- Model name: The name of your phone’s model, for example “iPhone 11”.
- Model number: This field will show a longer string of letters and numbers. Tap it to reveal a shorter model number, such as “A2221”. The model number can be found on your device, for example on the backside of the iPhone. Look for the small print to find your model number (the one starting with the letter “A”).
- Serial number: The serial number is unique to your iPhone. This too can be located on the device itself. Depending on the iPhone model, the serial number can be found in the SIM card tray, for instance.
Wrap up: What iPhone do I have?
Now you know how to find what iPhone model you are using, what operating system your iPhone is using as well as what are the model and serial numbers of your iPhone. For a complete list of all Apple iPhone models and their model numbers, visit Apple’s website.