How to turn off iPhone 11
If you are having trouble turning off your iPhone 11 – or any other new iPhone for that matter – you are not not alone. When Apple released the iPhone X, they also got rid of the iconic and much beloved home button. The space once occupied by the home button has made way to more screen that now covers more or less the entire front side of the device.
This comes with some changes to other features of the iPhone however. Turning your new iPhone off is a bit different than it was before, so we’re here to help you in case you’re one of the many who are confused by this change. These tricks will work with other newer models as well, such as the iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPhone 12.
Turning off your iPhone 11 with buttons
To turn off your iPhone 11 (or some other new model) just follow the following steps:
- Press down one of the two volume buttons AND press down the side button.
- Soon, a slider with the text “Slide to Power Off” will appear.
- Use the slider to power off your iPhone.
Turning off your iPhone 11 without the buttons
A second method for turning off your iPhone 11 is to use the phone’s settings. Here’s how to do that.
- Navigate to your iPhone’s Settings.
- Select “General”.
- In the “General” -screen, press “Shut Down”.
- Use the slider to shut off your iPhone 11.
Turning on your iPhone 11
Once your iPhone has been powered off, you might want to turn it back on again at some point. To do this, simply hold the side button until the iPhone powers back to life. Simple as that!
How to restart your iPhone 11?
In addition to just turning on and off your iPhone 11, you also might need to do a soft reset. This refers to simply resetting your iPhone when it is not responding or you are having other issues with the device. As you might have guessed, this method also varies between new and old iPhone models.
Here’s how to do a soft reset with an iPhone 11.
- First, press and release the volume up button.
- Press and release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button.
- Wait a moment while holding the button.
- Release the side button once the Apple logo appears and the phone restarts.
Wrapping things up: How to turn off iPhone 11
Okay, that was a lot of pressing and holding different buttons and tapping sliders. Now you should be able to not only turn off your iPhone 11 and other newer Apple iPhones, but also turn your phone back on. In case you run into issues with your iPhone, use a soft reset to try to fix things.